A Canadian network of 47 YMCA associations
The YMCAs of Québec are part of YMCA Canada, a federation made up of 47 YMCA Member Associations.
As a registered charity, YMCA Canada is dedicated to building healthy communities in order to create lasting personal and social change by:
- nurturing the potential of children, teens and young adults;
- promoting healthy living;
- fostering social responsibility.
Its mandate is to:
- foster the development of strong Member Associations and encourage collaborative initiatives;
- protect and enhance the reputation of the YMCA;
- advocate on behalf of Member Associations regionally, nationally and internationally.
Collectively, YMCAs in Canada serve more than 2 million people in more than 1,000 Canadian locations each year.
The YMCA reaches right around the world. As the world's leading network of local, community-based associations, YMCAs serve more than 58 million members and rely on more than a million and half volunteers in 119 countries.
Many Canadian YMCAs have partnerships with overseas YMCAs to strengthen their capacity to deliver long-term programs that address the most critical community needs.